- Excellent opportunity to work in a leading scientific institution with dedicated professionals
- Use your skills to support biology research activities
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Health and Biosecurity is seeking to appoint an Experimental Scientist to delivery outputs across a range of quality assured laboratory tests that involve molecular biology, virology and serology. You will be involved in projects for internal or external clients delivering work within the quality framework working to the principles of GLP. Furthermore As an experienced scientist, you will be required to mentor and train junior staff.
Your duties will include
- Proactive in the development and enhancement of work methods. Adapt and/or develop original experimental methods, equipment, software, concepts and ideas in support of existing and further research.
- Writing new SOPs and timely review of existing and associated worksheets.
- Work in a microbiologically secure laboratory, including insectary and fieldwork, as part of a multi-disciplinary research team with responsibilities and outputs supporting and delivering quality assured testing.
- Responsible for timely quality review of research data and identification of any associated deviations.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within your team, the business unit and across CSIRO, to reach set objectives.
Location: Geelong, VIC
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A Bachelor of Science (Hons) degree or equivalent experience in Biological Sciences or a related discipline.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a good phone manner and good written skills.
- Proven ability to investigate underlying issues of complex and ill-defined problems and develop appropriate responses by adapting/applying alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated record of technical competence in virology; and achievement in molecular and serological assays.
- Demonstrated leadership to plan and schedule laboratory work flow to meet research/study timelines.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
18 March 2019