- Do you have skills in applied genetics and plant-insect interactions?
- Are you a highly motivated research scientist?
- Join the Weed Biological Control team within Health and Biosecurity
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a technical role within the Weed Biological Control team of the Health and Biosecurity Business Unit of CSIRO. The research may involve: i) Glasshouse, quarantine and field based research ii) Working across multiple projects, iii) Collecting experimental data and iv) Assist in the repair, maintenance and care of research infrastructure and equipment.
Your duties will include
- Providing support for scientific research in a diverse range of laboratory and field situations across a range of different research projects.
- Respond courteously and efficiently to requests for your services, keep clients informed about progress and redirect requests to appropriate staff when required.
- Under the guidance of senior colleagues, supporting new research projects
- Supporting research (including experimental design and data analyses) in the laboratory, controlled environment conditions and the field.
Location: Dutton Park, Brisbane
Salary: AU$46k - AU$60k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful you will need
- Current driver’s licence.
- The ability to travel regularly within Queensland and interstate
- To be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Relevant trade certificate/diploma or relevant work experience in plant production and propagation, and/or greenhouse-based work
- Computer skills in using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 10th Feb 2019