- Is your PhD or research experience in the area of plant genetics or biotechnology?
- Ready for your next challenge as a Research Scientist?
- Join CSIRO in a role that has a wider impact on Australian agriculture
CSIRO Agriculture and Food seek an enthusiastic scientist to be part of a project that delivers to the breeding team at Sugar Research Australia (SRA). Working in partnership with the SRA sugarcane breeding and molecular marker teams, you will identify and deliver high throughput markers for disease resistance and yield traits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing experiments to screen sugarcane varieties for disease resistance.
- Developing new and innovative methods for marker generation.
- Developing bioinformatics tools for the analysis of sequence data in polyploid crops.
- Producing high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals and for presentation at national and international conferences.
Location: Brisbane (St Lucia), QLD
Salary: AU $97K to AU $105K pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 4 years
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as plant genetics or biotechnology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of polyploid genetics and marker development.
- Demonstrated experience designing and managing field and glasshouse experiments.
- Experience engaging with industry partners to maximise adoption and expand into new customer opportunities.
- The ability to develop leadership skills having some experience with resource management to answer scientific questions.
- A valid driver's licence and the ability to travel on a regular basis.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, ensuring you provide enough information relevant to the criteria as listed in the position description, to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Thursday 27th September, 2018