- Lead a Future Science Platform in CSIRO Energy – Hydrogen (FSP HES)
- Address Hydrogen based science & technology challenges
- Provide strategic & innovative outcomes for CSIRO’s FSP HES
CSIRO Energy is seeking a motivated person for the role Hydrogen Energy Systems Future Science Platform Leader.
As the FSP leader, you will work across CSIRO business units and scientific disciplines to form new science and technology solutions to address the increasing international demand for clean energy. A key deliverable of this role is to address challenges in production, distribution and utilisation to enable Australia to become the world’s first large-scale low-emissions energy exporter.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of CSIRO’s Hydrogen Energy Systems Future Science Platform.
- Develop FSP strategy aligned with stakeholders in the Energy, Manufacturing, and Data61 business units and other related research communities, such that FSP outcomes have a clear path to impact.
- Develop and continually review the Hydrogen Energy Systems FSP strategy and project portfolio in line with FSP Key Performance Indicators.
Location: Pullenvale QLD, Newcastle or North Ryde NSW, Clayton VIC or Kensington WA
Salary: $157K - $197K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2.5 years specified term
- PhD in Science or Engineering or equivalent in a relevant field, combined with significant experience and science/engineering track record in relevant areas from work experience in R&D and/or Industry.
- Demonstrated track record in establishing and leading multidisciplinary research programs comprising regionally dispersed science teams, towards agreed organizational goals
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of science challenges associated with implementation of Hydrogen energy value chains.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Friday 15 June 2018