- Are you an early career, highly motivated research scientist?
- Contribute to design & implementation of a global cropland management module
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Oceans and Atmosphere is seeking to appoint a CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Earth System Science.
You as the successful candidate will work with the team to assess how land management affects the capacity of Australian and global landscapes to remove anthropogenic carbon dioxide, utilizing new-generation satellite observations of solar-induced fluorescence and enabling a state-of-the-art global terrestrial biosphere model to include crop-land management.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development and implementation of a global cropland management module for the CABLE global terrestrial biosphere model.
- Apply the new modelling capability globally and for Australia to study the role of agricultural intensification and expansion in global and regional carbon sources and sinks, and greening trends.
- Carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to CSIRO that will lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
Location: Canberra ACT
Salary: AU$80K - AU$91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 3 year specified term
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as Earth System Science, Applied Mathematics, Ecosystem Ecology, Global Change Biology, Environmental Sciences, Physics.
- Demonstrated skills in high-level language computer programming, and familiarity with command-language scripting in Unix or Linux environments.
- Experience working with ecosystem or climate models.
Owing to the terms of the fellowship, candidates must not have more than 3 years of relevant full time postdoctoral experience.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Tuesday 19 June 2018