We are seeking to appoint a Research Scientist in CSIRO Agriculture and Food. In this role, you will be leading a team developing next generation high-throughput phenotyping systems and tools for application in plant breeding, broad-acre farming and horticultural crop research. To be successful, you will have a background in imaging technology and plant science, a clear commitment to team-based processes and a strong client focus.
You will be involved in fundamental phenomics research by integrating novel phenomics approaches for applications in plant breeding and agricultural systems. Your ability to build and maintain research and industry relationships will be critical to the successful impact of the team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading and managing the Translational Phenomics and Services Team.
- Designing and carrying out experiments to evaluate new phenotyping technologies.
- Directing the phenotyping of key traits in broad-acre and horticultural crops.
- Advocating for the adoption of phenotyping technologies into plant breeding, integrated farming systems and precision agriculture.
- Producing high quality scientific papers for publication and presentation nationally and internationally.
- Engaging with customers and managing relationships that grow new science opportunities and support commercial outcomes.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU $95k to AU $103k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as remote sensing, physics, precision agriculture or plant physiology.
- A working knowledge in the application of phenotyping technology to the measurement of traits in plants and crops.
- Experience using LiDAR and spectral imaging.
- Experience in field and controlled-environment based phenotyping.
- A history of working effectively as a leader and active member of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team.
- Experience in customer engagement and relationship management that grows new science opportunities.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 56111. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role together with a statement addressing the selection criteria.
Applications Close: 11:59 PM AEST, Tuesday 3rd April 2018