- Do you have a viticulture or wine research background?
- Are you experienced in field trials and plant evaluation?
- Join CSIRO's Agriculture & Food team today and help us evaluate new grapevine varieties!
CSIRO Agriculture & Food is seeking to appoint a highly motivated researcher to assist with the evaluation of new grapevine varieties grown in different grape growing regions of Australia. Field performance of vines and wine quality will be assessed. The role will also involve interacting with industry to assist with industry adoption of the new varieties.
Due to the field work required in this position a full Australian Drivers Licence is required to be successfully appointed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage regional field trials of new grapevine varieties.
- Collect data to evaluate field performance of new grapevine varieties.
- Make wine to evaluate wine quality.
- Organise industry field days and wine tastings.
- Interact with industry to assist with industry adoption.
- Collect data for PBR and variety protection.
Location: Waite Campus, Adelaide, SA
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term – 3 Years
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors or Master’s Degree or equivalent and/or experience in viticulture and/or wine research.
- Strong background and experience in viticulture and wine research.
- Demonstrated experience with field trials and plant evaluation.
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks under general direction from Scientific Researchers.
- The ability & willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of scientific investigations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Find out more here! Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 52742. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday 22 January 2018