- Are you a skilled executive officer?
- Do you enjoy providing high level support and interacting with stakeholders?
- Join CSIRO Oceans & Atmosphere - support efficient and effective operations
The role of Administrative Staff in CSIRO is to provide administrative and management services to support the effective provision of research and development activities. This involves the development and implementation and/or administration of policies, systems and procedures that assist the Organisation and the Business Units to achieve their objectives and meet Government and regulatory responsibilities. At the Senior level staff may be involved in management and contribute to the strategic directions of the area.
The Executive Officer provides high level support in the management and administration of the Business Unit, and is responsible for supporting the efficient and effective operations of the Business Unit in delivery of CSIRO’s strategy.
To view the full position description and selection criteria for this role please click here: Position details document
Location: Hobart preferred, other locations negotiable
Salary: AU $109K - AU $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref No.: 52621
To be successful you will need:
- A Certificate or tertiary qualification in a relevant area, such as Business Management and/or equivalent management/leadership experience in a relevant area.
- Sound working knowledge, or ability to gain knowledge, of Oceans and Atmosphere’s and CSIRO’s strategy, structure, operating model, governance and oversight mechanisms, and the key intersections and relationships across the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing complex demands; establish or renegotiate priorities; organise or re-assign tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with incomplete information, ambiguity, urgency and complexity when developing appropriate responses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, collaborate widely both internally and externally, and provide guidance to managers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to generate improved solutions to highly complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experience.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more! CSIRO Balance
How to apply:
To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: 10:59pm AEST on Sunday 17th December 2017