- Contribute to innovative research and delivery to high impact external projects
- Work with internationally recognised scientists in world-class facilities
- Join the Basin Management Outcomes Program at CSIRO
The River Modeller will be part of a strong hydrological science and modelling capability within the Basin Management Outcomes Program of Land and Water. They will contribute to innovative research and delivery to high impact external projects on regional water planning and integrated water resource management science both within Australia and Internationally.
Your duties will include:
• Lead and manage projects involved in the implementation and analysis of river system models using modelling platforms such as eWater Source or similar.
• Develop custom software and scientific models using high computing infrastructure to support basin planning activities.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that is regionally and internationally dispersed in the areas of integrated water resource management including; surface and groundwater interactions, water resource development, climate change impacts and socio-economic, ecological and gender outcomes.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: AU $80K - AU $91K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 52444
To be successful you will need:
- A Master’s Degree in hydrology, water science, or similar or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated technical experience in developing water allocation models for basin planning applications using eWater Source.
- Experience developing custom software and scientific models for challenging catchments (e.g. high elevation, low flow and data poor) that involves refining the hydrological processes represented.
- Experience undertaking regional spatial analysis and/or remote sensing to inform environmental model development including the presentation of time-series of results.
- Emerging international scientific reputation and a publications in hydrology, water resource management and related sciences, including contributions to the field of integrated water resource management; with particular reference to water use, distribution and sharing within large river systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you Find out more here!: Balance
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to apply: please submit your resume and cover letter, as ONE document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications Close: 10:00pm AEDT, 13 December 2017