- Excellent opportunity to make your mark with Blue Economy development
- Add value through innovative research
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Oceans & Atmosphere is seeking to appoint a Research Scientist in Marine and coastal vegetation.
In this position, you will conduct innovative research and development in areas related to ecological, social and economic benefits provided by coastal vegetation such as mangroves and seagrasses.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Incorporate novel approaches to scientific investigations by adapting and/or developing original concepts and ideas for new, existing and further research.
- Undertake scientific research and associated tasks under broad guidance from Research Director and Group Leader.
- Work effectively as an integral member and/or leader of a multi-disciplinary, often geographically dispersed research team
Location: Perth WA
Salary: *CSOF5 - AU$95K - $103K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*CSOF6 - AU$109K - $128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 2 years
*NB: This position is offered across two levels, the appointment level will be determined by the qualifications, skills and relevant experience of the successful candidate.
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant applied research area.
- Experience in research on the ecological, social and economic benefits provided by coastal vegetation, especially mangroves and seagrasses.
- Experience working with stakeholders to understand science needs and develop research plans that meet those needs.
Before you apply please view the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere provides the knowledge to manage Australia's marine estate and atmospheric environment, plan for and respond to weather and climate related natural hazards and ensure sustainable coastal development and growth of marine industries.
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please load your CV (Maximum 2MB) via our website at https://jobs.csiro.au/. You may also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Monday 10 December 2017