- Develop & apply foresight, analysis & solutions
- Take an innovation systems approach to technology adoption
- Join a highly influential team working on tackling some of Australia's pressing problems
CSIRO Agriculture Climate Smart Agriculture Program has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist to join a highly influential and well connected group tackling some of Australia’s most pressing problems. You will develop and apply foresighting, analysis and solutions to help agribusiness and financial institutions meet market, social licence and business growth in the face of climate, climate policy impacts and stakeholder/shareholder/consumer concerns and pressures.
The role will span the value chain (and analyse vulnerability across the value chain), take an innovation systems approach to technology adoption, evaluate multi-criteria risk and benefits sufficient to realistic assess natural capital values and integrated progress to millennium sustainability goals.
Your duties will include:
- Developing relationships with Australian Agribusiness that generates understanding of climate change challenges and leads to CSIRO business (and revenue) as bi-lateral or through multi-lateral partnerships.
- Engaging with Governments to contribute to policy in the area of agriculture and climate change
- Contributing to national and international agendas, advises industry, communities and governments.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain) preferred may also consider Brisbane or Hobart
Salary: AU$109K to AU$128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 49129
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as agriculture, business analysis, economics, environmental science or similar.
- Experience in one or more of value chain analysis, business risk analysis, and vulnerability assessment at the business, enterprise and/or sector scale.
- Training or demonstrated knowledge of agricultural systems science.
- Understanding of the drivers of, and protocols and regulations underpinning and driving corporate social responsibility in the agriculture and agribusiness sectors.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume and cover letter ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: 10.59pm AEDT, Sunday 10 December 2017