- Develop & apply life cycle assessment & natural capital accounting
- Provide environmental benchmarking metrics & advice to Agribusiness
- Join a highly influential team working on tackling some of Australia's pressing problems
CSIRO Agriculture Climate Smart Agriculture Program has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Research Scientist to join a highly influential and well connected group tackling some of Australia’s most pressing problems. You will develop and apply life cycle assessment and natural capital accounting and provide environmental benchmarking metrics and advice to Agribusinesses and other institutions involved in agriculture with the intention of reducing climate risk, maintaining social licence and creating capacity for agriculture to progress sustainable development goals and underpin corporate social responsibility aspirations particularly relating to climate performance.
Your duties will include:
- Developing relationships with industry and government forums to guide agribusiness on pathways and approaches to greenhouse gas performance benchmarking and best management practice.
- Working as part of a team in the area of agribusiness sustainability and environmental benchmarking, contributing to national and international agendas, and advising industry, communities and governments.
- Developing technologies and engagement mechanisms that are adopted or used in consultation with industry to report and improve environmental performance, drive sustainable development goals, and promote social licence in the face of greenhouse gas mitigation and climate change challenges.
Location: Canberra (Black Mountain) preferred may also consider Brisbane or Hobart
Salary: AU$109K to AU$128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 49123
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as agriculture, business analysis, economics, environmental science or similar
- Understanding of the principals, protocols and methods underpinning life cycle assessment, environmental reporting and natural capital accounting, and the methods and approaches to GHG accounting.
- Understanding of the trends, opportunities and constraints on agriculture and agribusiness particularly in relation to climate risk and change and social licence.
- Evidence of an ability to work with customers to identify risks and problems and co-create solutions
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please upload one document only containing your CV/Resume and cover letter ensuring you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications close: 10.59pm AEDT, Sunday 10 December 2017