- Key role leading our biosafety, biosecurity and biocontainment function
- Contribute Provide high level microbiological security advice to senior staff and key stakeholders
- Join the team at CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory is seeking to appoint a Biorisk Manager to lead our biosafety, biosecurity and biocontainment function. The role provides a high level of advice to the Director and Deputy Director and other managers and staff and has a key role in ensuring the continued biocontainment of the facility, safe and compliant working standards are adhered to in a highly regulated environment, and staff and users of the facility are trained to the highest contemporary world standards.
In addition, the Biorisk Manager holds senior management responsibilities in quarantine and gene technology compliance, counter terrorism planning, security sensitive biological agent’s compliance and works with our Health and Safety team to deliver emergency site responses and safe working practices. The role requires a person with professional experience in microbiology/virology, preferably with a PhD, with considerable experience in human or veterinary infectious disease diagnosis and management.
The appointee must be able to meet AAHL’s Microbiological Security and Security Clearance requirement
Location: Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL), Geelong, Victoria, Australia
Salary: AU $131,785 to AU $145,809 pa plus up to 15.4% superannuation plus motor vehicle allowance of $17,370
To be successful you will need:
- High level Degree (Honours) in Microbiological Sciences or Virology with significant relevant work experience.
- Experience in human or veterinary infectious disease diagnosis and management in a biocontainment facility.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at a senior level role in order to deliver key messages to internal and external clients.
- Experience in leading risk management requirements in a highly regulated laboratory environment.
- Experience in microbiological policy writing and implementation in a complex facility.
- Ability to manage a diverse team including biocontainment staff, compliance, biocontainment microbiological staff and training.
Other special requirements:
- Must be willing and able to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements and HSE policies as specified in the Position Details document.
- Must be able to meet AAHL’s Microbiological Security and Security Clearance requirements.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
AAHL helps protect Australia’s multi-billion dollar livestock and aquaculture industries, and the general public, from emerging infectious disease threats. It is a high-containment facility designed to allow scientific research into the most dangerous infectious agents in the world.
How to Apply: To apply for this position please upload ONE document only that includes your CV/resume, cover letter and a statement addressing the selection criteria. Please upload these as ONE document.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
Applications Close: 10:00pm AEDT, 16 October 2017