- An outstanding opportunity to provide support on future science research
- Support world-class research in to genomics for environmental science
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
The successful applicant will work closely with a team of research scientists from the Australian National Herbarium and the Australian National Insect Collection. You will perform molecular laboratory procedures to obtain sequence data from pollen samples using Next-Generation sequencing (NGS) techniques, as well as be involved in collection and preparation of insect specimens for identification and preservation.
More specifically you will work in an Environomics project called “Metagenomics of plant-pollinator networks” which aims to:
1) Uncover the diversity and structure of plant-pollinator communities in Australia and their changes in the last decades and
2) Identify key pollinator species for crop pollination and ecosystem functioning using genomics tools.
Location: Black Mountain, Canberra ACT
Salary: $78K - $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 year term appointment
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree &/or equivalent experience in Biology
- Demonstrated experience doing extraction of DNA (pollen, plant tissues).
- Demonstrated experience for the construction of libraries for Next-Gen sequencing.
- Demonstrated experience with molecular laboratory work.
- Demonstrated experience in DNA extraction, PCR, Sanger Sequencing and Next-Gen sequencing work.
*To be eligible for this position you must be willing and able to do field-work and handle insects/plant material.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Monday 3 July 2017