- Add value to our statistical computing & data modelling team
- Contribute to CSIRO Data61 scientific achievements through innovative research
- Join CSIRO Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
We are seeking a talented computational statistician to be part of our statistical computing and data modelling team.
You as the successful applicant will work closely with other team members and clients in scientific activities ranging from fundamental research to specific industrial problems.
You will be working primarily on the application and development of statistical methods and computing, particularly statistical prediction, extreme modelling, risk analysis and assessment, physical-statistical modelling, to agriculture, environment, finance and cybersecurity.
Location: Floreat WA preferred (Canberra ACT may be considered)
Salary: $92K - $100K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
*Under the current Immigration requirements for obtaining a visa, CSIRO will offer a successful candidate who requires a visa, a 2 year appointment with the potential for a further 2 years.
To be successful you will need:
- A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as statistics, data science, or in a relevant application domain (e.g. agriculture, environmental science, finance, computer engineering) with a demonstrably strong quantitative analysis component.
- Demonstrated ability to manipulate, analyse and make inference from data.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to incorporate novel approaches and/or create new ideas into scientific investigations in other research fields.
- Strong programming skills (e.g. R, Python or equivalent) to undertake customized statistical data analyses.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST Sunday 9 July 2017