Environmental Scientist (ESC/Environmental Approvals) - [Archived Advertisement]
NRA Environmental Consultants (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environmental Scientist (ESC/Environmental Approvals)
Location: Cairns or Townsville, Queensland
NRA Environmental Consultants is an independent, privately owned Australian company, established in 1984, which has a reputation for providing high quality environmental services to a wide range of clients in the public and private sectors. We employ a team of dedicated environmental practitioners who use their expertise in natural resource management to provide practical solutions and positive outcomes for our clients. We are seeking candidates for the role of Environmental Scientist, based in our Cairns or Townsville offices.
The Environmental Scientist (ESC/Environmental Approvals) role provides an opportunity to work as part of a highly motivated team providing practical outcomes to our clients across a variety of industries and projects.
Suitable candidates will be responsible for problem solving and providing advice to our clients on environmental matters such as environmental approvals (applications, compliance) and erosion and sediment control (ESC).
Key accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- delivering technically proficient reports and advice to our clients
- preparing proposals
- liaising with colleagues, regulators and industry peers to define and interpret regulatory and technical information
- designing and implementing field work
- correctly analysing data and interpreting field and desk-based studies to provide appropriate advice.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- appropriate tertiary qualification(s)
- relevant full-time work experience
- experience in ESC and/or environmental approvals
- understanding and application of Queensland environmental legislation
- report writing and communication of technical information
- application of technical information and problem solving to achieve practical outcomes
- self-motivation to further develop technical knowledge and skills
- formal training or qualification in ESC would be highly desirable.
Benefits of joining the NRA team:
- small, highly motivated team
- competitive salary package
- work with other technical specialists
- professional development and innovation is encouraged
- tropical lifestyle, with offices in Cairns/Townsville
How to apply
The closing date for applications is Friday 5 January 2018.
Please note that this is not a graduate position.
- Closing Date:
- 05 Jan 2018
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science
Natural Resource Management