Environmental Manager - Government
Western Sydney - Immediate Start
Reports to: General Manager Asset Management
The Environmental Manager will be responsible for directing and coordinating the formulation and implementation of plans, policies, programs to control environmental effects resulting from client operations. This role will also monitor environmental strategies to promote the sustainable development of the client, this includes reviewing the whole operation, carrying out environmental audits and assessments, identifying and resolving environmental issues and ensuring necessary changes are implemented.
Duties and Requirements:
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Develop and implement environmental strategies, policies, objectives and an environmental management system to control and mitigate the environmental effects of airport noise, air quality, traffic and transportation planning, and hazardous material handling resulting from client operations.
- Ensure corporate and environmental sustainable development is met via these strategies, policies and objectives.
- Liaise with all relevant government bodies and stakeholders to ensure that the clients strategies, policies and action plans are aligned with those agencies.
- Apply information from stakeholders in the development of the Environmental Strategy Action Plans.
- Promote, raise awareness and lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices at all levels of the organization.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, environmental health, conservation.
- Provide supervision, educational training and undertake clearly defined inspectorial duties on environmental issues and responsibilities applying to staff carrying out environmental projects and programs.
- Investigate and pursue all possible avenues for obtaining funding and resources for implementation of the client’s environmental and corporate sustainability and pollution management objectives.
- Manage budgets for projects and educational programs.
- Liaise with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and regulatory bodies.
- Carry out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the client’s environmental risks and financial costs.
- Audit, analyses and report environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Initiate prepare and report on responses to customer enquiries related to environment, sustainability and airport management issues.
- Implement best practice in areas of corporate, ethical and social responsibility and address any issues arising.
- A good knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques and purposes of airport environmental planning and management.
- A good knowledge in sustainability practices and environmental legislation.
- Sound analytical thinking and planning abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A methodical approach.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Shows commercial awareness and an understanding of business.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate and lead staff at all levels.
- Establish effective networks within the organization and with external organizations.
- A relevant qualification or experience:
- Either environmental sciences or management
- Environmental engineering
- Engineering with a sustainability focus
- Environmental health and safety.
- Must be knowledgeable in environmental legislation and regulations to ensure organisation is compliant
If you are interested in the above position, please apply through the link provided or send your cv direct and in confidence to email@example.com