Environmental Planning Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
CitiPower and Powercor Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environmental Planning Advisor
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria. These customers include large numbers of households as well as commercial and industrial businesses, world class arts, health and sporting precincts, popular tourism regions and the biggest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe, and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
Increasingly, our networks are connecting new large-scale renewable energy generators and integrating technologies like solar, batteries and electric vehicles as customers change the way they generate, use, store and share power. This demand is transforming the electricity market faster than any change we’ve ever seen before. As a result, our people are at the frontline in developing and implementing innovative technologies and solutions necessary for the future of our industry not only in Victoria but globally.
We value inclusive leadership and teams and celebrate the results of succeeding together.
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety - ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
About the role:
We are building our internal skills and capability in the areas of natural resources and heritage management. Be part of this new team to deliver meaningful change.
The purpose of this new role is to promote a greater organisational understanding of obligations outlined within the Victorian Planning Provisions across CitiPower, Powercor, Beon and United Energy.
Through effective engagement with key stakeholders, the role will support the development, execution and monitoring of programs to embed industry-leading natural resource management and environmental planning processes. The role will act as the businesses’ environmental planning subject matter expert and be the key operational contact with external groups such as councils.
This role can be based in Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat or Bendigo
What you’ll deliver:
- Provide advice on management policies and processes related to Environmental Planning legislation to the business.
- Act as the Environmental Planning subject matter expert for the business.
- Support and drive a proactive culture where the philosophy of continuous improvement is embedded within the business to improve Environmental Planning compliance.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of an industry-leading natural resource protection and preservation procedure/model, including processes, and procedures which manages compliance obligations across the business.
- Review current processes, policies and legislative changes and provide recommendations delivering a best practice Environmental Planning.
- Establish and manage strong operational relationships with Local Councils, State and Federal Government Bodies, and other external regulatory authorities.
- Design, create and deliver training and awareness programs to improve knowledge of environmental planning responsibilities under the legislation and internal compliance processes embedding best practice across the business.
To succeed in the role you’ll have:
- Extensive experience in statutory and strategic planning, environmental and planning approvals, and planning permits and preparing planning scheme amendments
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Victorian planning and approvals process and legislation, relevant to infrastructure projects
- Tertiary qualification in Town/Urban Planning, or related field
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent communication skills (especially in writing)
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive, and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 28 May 2023. For the full Position Description, reach out to Luke Castro from the Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from all communities; people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment process to accommodate your needs, please don’t hesitate to discuss these with us.
- Closing Date:
- 28 May 2023
- Work Type:
Environmental Impact Assessment