Darebin City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Permanent, Full Time Position
- Salary circa $90k p.a. + super
- Flexible work arrangements available
About Darebin City Council
Located in Melbourne’s northern suburbs, Darebin City Council is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in terms of culture, language, religion, socio-economic background, occupation, and housing needs. The city has one of the largest populations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander residents in metropolitan Melbourne. Our Vision is for a community that works together to advance community life.
About the Role
The successful applicant will be responsible for the planning portfolio and will play a key supporting role in the planning and delivery of Capital and Operational programs and tree protection.
- Manage the departments planning referrals
- Implement Councils Vegetation Protection for all tree related matters
- Provide arboricultural advice to key stakeholders
- Assist with Council’s Street Tree Planting Program
- Assist with the development and delivery of tree management policy, programs and customer service delivery
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Horticulture/Arboriculture or related discipline
- Relevant experience in the Arboriculture industry
- Knowledge and experience in arboricultural report writing and assessment
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work hard in a focused team
- Self-motivation and high level of experience in the management of urban trees
As a progressive leader in Local Government, Darebin City Council is passionate about social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence. We are proud of the diversity of our workforce and recognise the strength this provides in meeting the needs of the community we serve. We are committed to upholding a positive and supportive work environment that values the contribution of all employees and treats all employees with dignity and respect.
We offer a range of benefits to our employees including opportunities for personal and professional development, flexible work practices including working from home options, Employee Assistance Program, recognition and reward program - Appreciate Great and a variety of generous paid and unpaid leave options.
How to Apply
Darebin values diversity and encourages applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people of colour. We value people of all abilities and diversity of culture, faith, gender identity and sexual orientation. We welcome unique contributions and perspectives of all people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities we work with and live in.
We’re also happy to adjust our recruitment process to support your accessibility needs.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please submit your application including a resume, and those who wish to address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description may do so in their cover letter.
Contact David Smith, Principal Tree Management on 03 8470 8398 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on Wednesday 27th October 2021 at 11.30pm.
The Darebin City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.
To work at Darebin City Council, you will be required to supply proof of work rights, a Victorian Employee Working with Children Check and comply with Child Safety standards. All employees are required to undertake an Australian Criminal History Check and may be required to complete a Functional Health Assessment
- Closing Date:
- 27 Oct 2021
- VIC - Preston
- circa $90k p.a. + super
- Work Type:
- Full Time