About City of Darebin
Darebin is a changing City that has diverse land uses, transport needs and access challenges. With significant interest in safe inclusive access and sustainability, Darebin is a diverse and interesting place to work with many opportunities to improve the lives of the community now and into the future.
About the Role
By providing creative and technical problem-solving skills, you will support the team to deliver the objectives of Darebin’s transport strategies. Advice will be required to be provided to internal and external customers to the Transport Engineering team, including residents, traders and government agencies. This position is within the progressive Climate Emergency and Sustainable Transport department with a dedicated sustainability focus. Work in this role will support sustainable development and support the safe and accessible operation of roads within Darebin.
View the position description
• Permanent, full-time
• Band 6 plus super, RDO
• Located in Preston, walking distance from activity centre with train and tram stops nearby
• Review the transport elements of town planning applications
• Collaborate through internal and external networks on transport network management
• Provide high quality advice and solutions for customers on transport matters
• Communicate efficiently with customers
Skills & Experience
• Experienced in local transport standards and guidelines including the Planning Scheme
• Ability to problem solve through technical and complex issues
• Experience in reviewing, updating and creating policies
• Great communicator with an ability write technical reports
• Enthusiastic about providing high quality customer service
• Experience in assessing heavy vehicle and work zone permit applications
Darebin is home to one of the largest, most diverse communities in Victoria in terms of cultures, language (more than 118 languages are spoken), religions, socio-economic background, employment status, occupation and housing needs. You will work for an organisation that proudly values social inclusion, sustainability, engagement and service excellence.
• Training and professional development opportunities
• Exciting and varied role requirements
• Opportunity to work on projects that support sustainability
• Comprehensive health and wellbeing program
How to Apply
Start your application by clicking ‘Apply now’. Candidates must provide a resume and a cover letter that addresses the three items below:
1. Technical reports that align with industry standards
2. Customer service resulting in win-win outcomes
3. Policy development
People from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
Contact Allan Middlemast, Coordinator Transport Engineering on 8470 8436 for a confidential discussion.
Applications close on 22 December 2020 at 10am.
The City of Darebin is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organisation, or other non-merit factors. Darebin is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, and thorough ‘Safety Screening’ processes apply.