Remuneration: Salary range from $75,862 to $79,164 plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: Sunday 14 October 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
The purpose of this role will be to work collaboratively across the organisation and with the community to champion environmental matters and provide a high-level of technical support. In this role, you will be responsible for the implementation of Council programs such as the Environment Levy Community Grants program, the Environmental Assessments program, landholder incentives, and various Council plans and strategies.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking commitment from a self motivated person with the experience and qualifications to take this role forward. A candidate with demonstrated experience in an enviornmental field and the ability to negotiate outcomes and work collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders will do well in this role.
As Environment Officer - Partnership Programs with Gympie Regional Council, you could expect to be responsible for:
- Coordinating the Environment Levy Community Group Grants program and associated annual report;
- Acting as the senior technical authority and point of contact for matters relating to the preparation and delivery of environmental assessments for Council’s operational works to ensure Council compliance with environmental legislation;
- Providing input into the development and delivery of a landholder incentives program for the Gympie region;
- Participating in the successful implementation of plans and strategies (such as the Environment Strategy and the Koala Conservation Management Plan)
- Providing input into the development of, and being responsible for the delivery of an internal offsets program for Council;
- Providing input into the development of a program for priority local species and work with internal and external stakeholders on the program promotion;
- Using effective engagement processes to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with all stakeholders;
- Provide input into the development of and be responsible for the delivery of an environment induction and education program.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
- Qualifications (Post Graduate Degree, Degree, Diploma) in Environmental Science, Environmental Management, Ecology, Horticulture or similar;
- Demonstrated experience (at least 5 years) in an environmental field related to local government;
- Knowledge of environmental legislation relevant to Local Government;
- Extensive knowledge of and the ability to identify flora and fauna and fauna habitat on-site;
- Demonstrated ability to manage significant projects with multiple stakeholders and deliver on time and within budget;
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively, identify workload priorities and meet deadlines;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to negotiate outcomes, collaborate and work constructively with internal and external stakeholders, senior staff across the organisation and government agencies;
- Highly developed written and verbal skill to facilitate report writing, presentations and program preparation and delivery.
Desirable for this role would be:
- Qualifications in Project Management;
- Qualifications in training and assessment, or experience in delivering internal training programs.
Candidates who can demonstrate experience working directly with the community and/or natural resource management community groups within an environmental field will be highly regarded.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Co-ordinator - Enviornmental Planning, Amy Whitfield on 07 - 5481 0411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Recruitment, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com