Remuneration: Salary range between $90,297 and $95,861 per annum and 13% superannuation plus commuter use of a Council vehicle.
Closing Date: Sunday 18 February 2018 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This position, whilst responsible to the Manager Operations and Maintenance - Water Business Unit, will play a pivotal role in delivering the Water Business Units objective to deliver safe, reliable drinking water and remove and treat sewage for our domestic and commercial customers to ensure we meet both our commitment to our customers and our compliance objectives and legislative requirements.
What we are looking for
Council is seeking a suitably qualified candidate with significant water industry management experience, including the ability to lead and motivate skilled treatment plant operators by maintaining high level customer service standards across Council's vast water and sewerage infrastructure network.
As the Co-ordinator Treatment - Water Business Unit, you will be directly responsible for tasks such as:
- Supervising and co-ordinating the day-to-day operational functions and staff activities at GRC’s water, sewage and recycled water treatment plants.
- Provide leadership, support and advice to Operators in the performance of their day-to-day functions (e.g. plant troubleshooting).
- Monitor and report on the performance of GRC’s treatment plants and bio-solids programs for compliance with relevant legislative requirements.
- Implement and maintain the DWQMP, REMP, IMP and other regulatory required documents relevant to the source waters, treatment, collection and disposal of the water cycle.
- Develop, implement and optimise the introduction of OCP and CCPs to monitor parameters and escalate deviations that may lead to compliance breaches.
- Provide specialist professional, scientific and engineering technical advice on performance testing and operation of water and sewage treatment and recycled water treatment processes and technologies.
- Co-ordinate routine, regulatory, reactive and specific testing, monitoring and other programs as required.
- Prepare, implement and update manuals, guidelines, procedures, policies, risk management principles and other best-practice management methods.
- Customer complaints management.
- Safety, quality and environment system implementation
- Asset condition assessments
- Contract management.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A relevant Tertiary Engineering qualification in Process Engineering such as Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering or other relevant field with significant water industry management experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with planning, design, operation and maintenance of water and sewage treatment processes and technologies.
- Highly developed investigative, analytical and research skills, with the ability to prepare written reports on process improvements.
- Demonstrated experience at Local Government management level or management experience in a similar role with proven ability to lead, motivate and manage staff and a sound knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
- Extensive knowledge of the reporting requirements for a regulated water business.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively developing and maintaining strategic relationships and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders, including all levels of local and state government, industry regulators, community, customers, elected representatives and contractors.
- Experience in successful interacting with customers, unions and industry regulators over time.
- Well developed computing skills commensurate to the position, including the use of SCADA systems.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with the proven ability to produce well documented reports.
Desirable for this role will be:
- Knowledge of the role of Local Government and the Australian Water Industry.
- Certificate III/IV in Water and Sewerage Treatment.
Special Requirements of this role will be:
- The requirement and ability to respond to after hours emergency works or incident management and participate in an on-call roster.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager Operations and Maintenance - Water Business Unit, Michael Doherty on Ph: 5481 0790 or email email@example.com
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Mrs Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org