Remuneration: Salary range from $88,701 to $94,166 per annum plus 13% superannuation
Closing Date: 15 October 2017 at 5.00pm AEST
No late applications will be accepted. Only applications received via Council's online application system will be considered. Unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered.
This role is ideal for an experienced qualified Engineer who thrives in an innovative and challenging environment. Your extensive experience in the water industry within a planning environment will assist you in bringing our visions to light.
Your focus will be to ensure that assigned planning projects are completed efficiently and effectively to meet Water Business Unit’s Strategic priorities and programs. Your excellent report writing skills and attention to detail will be invaluable, as you partner with other areas of the business to influence outcomes and provide advice and guidance.
Reporting to the Manager Strategic Planning, as an experienced professional in your field of expertise, you will utilise your well developed communication skills to liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, to provide innovative solutions in a commercially, environmentally and socially sustainable manner.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complete planning strategies, master and detailed planning, emergent planning investigations and provision of advice employing contemporary planning knowledge and innovative solutions in a commercially, environmentally and socially sustainable manner.
- Review water and sewerage components of Council’s Local Government Infrastructure Planning (LGIP) in partnership with Council’s Planning and Development Directorate.
- Develop, calibrate and maintain hydraulic network modelling of water and sewerage systems and the provision of advice to satisfy Water Business Unit’s water and sewerage system performance Service Level Obligations.
- Develop and undertake necessary field monitoring programs in partnership with Operations & Maintenance Branch and calibrate network models in order to provide reliable intelligence on system performance.
- Assess development applications and conditioning thereof in respect of water and sewerage infrastructure requirements and design standards.
- Ensure all work undertaken complies with Local and State Government Policies and relevant legislations.
- Participate within a team of professionals and asset operators to deliver high quality results in a working environment where safety is considered a high priority.
What we are looking for
For this unique opportunity, we need a candidate who can provide:
- Formal tertiary degree qualifications in Civil or Environmental Engineering fields.
- Experience in development and implementation of water and sewerage infrastructure strategies, strategic landuse & infrastructure planning, master planning and feasibility studies/detailed planning.
- Experience in water and sewerage network modelling, model calibration and interpretation of modelling results to assess the capacity of existing network and future upgrade requirements using industry standard network modelling software.
- Experience in the strategic and tactical asset management including development of Asset Management Plans, Asset Class Plans, capital programming and prioritisation.
- Development assessment and approvals for water and sewerage infrastructure, new connections, donated assets and build-over assets.
- Capital programming and governance for growth, renewal, compliance and improvement projects. Preparation of project briefs and business cases for programmed projects.
- Highly developed and demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
For a full position description containing essential and desirable criteria, please click here.
Who to Contact
For information regarding the requirements of this role, please contact the Manager - Strategic Planning, Sayed Khan on (07) 5481 0713 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance lodging your application using Council's online system, please contact Council's Advisor - Human Resources, Ros McVicar on 07-5481 0646 or email email@example.com