Engineering Technical Officer Planning
Salary Range: $78,272.41 - $89,672.50 per annum
Location: 119-145 Spence Street, Cairns
Reference Number: 12974
Close Date: Monday 7th October 2019
Primary Objectives of the position:
- The Engineering Technical Officer Planning core role is to assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of models of Council’s water and wastewater networks.
- The Engineering Technical Officer Planning shall also assist with hydraulic and other relevant technical advice in relation to Water & Waste’s development assessment processes and the planning and design phases of selected capital works projects.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree or other relevant tertiary qualification.
- Recent and direct experience in hydraulic modelling relevant to the water and wastewater industry.
- Current drivers licence.
- Capable in the use of models pertaining to water supply and wastewater networks (e.g. Infoworks ICM, Infoworks WSPro), including experience in the integration with GIS-based systems.
- Sound knowledge of Local Government Civil Engineering procedures, relevant legislation and Australian Standards, guidelines and industry best practice.
- Demonstrated written communication skills with the ability to write technical engineering reports and memos.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and adapt to different team environments.
For a full listing of the Key Duties & Responsibilities and full Selection Criteria please ensure you obtain a copy of the information kit and how to apply by clicking on the Position Description, select on "Open" to download the attachment.
How to Apply:
Your application must be submitted online and must consist of the following:
- Cover Letter addressing the three main elements as detailed in the full selection criteria.
- Copy of your Resume.
Applications not addressing the full selection criteria will not be accepted.
As part of the selection process applicants may be required to undertake some or all of the following assessments/checks:-
- Pre-employment Medical, which will include a medical assessment and drug and alcohol test
- National Police/Criminal History Check.
- Practical Assessment
- Numeracy and Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Assessment
- Qualification/Licence Verification
- Working with Children & Young People (Blue Card) Verification
- Right to Work in Australia Check
- Directorship Check
To be eligible to apply for a position at Cairns Regional Council, you must fulfil one of the following criteria:-
- Permanent resident of Australia
- Australian Citizen
- New Zealand Citizen
- Entitlement to Work Visa
We offer the following benefits:
- Full-time Permanent Position
- 9 day fortnight work roster
- Up to 5 weeks annual leave
- Up to 3 weeks sick leave
- 12% contribution to superannuation
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Subsidised Corporate Uniform
- Subsidised health and well-being membership (gym/swimming pool)
- On-going opportunities for learning and professional development relevant to the position