Assets Environmental Inspector - [Archived Advertisement]
Transurban Group (View other jobs from this organisation)
Assets Environmental Inspector
The Transurban Queensland (TQ) Assets team manages the operation and maintenance of the ‘Linkt’ network, a $10B network of roads, tunnels and bridges spanning 81 kilometres across Brisbane. As a member of the TQ Assets team, the Network Environmental Inspector’s responsibility is to monitor, audit, evaluate and report on activities and events that occur on, or impact upon, the open road corridor and tunnel assets with a focus on flora and fauna and air, noise and water quality.
The Assets Environmental Inspector will need to build relationships with diverse and challenging groups, including internal and external stakeholders, have the ability to influence, and communicate in written and oral format to achieve outcomes.
The impact you'll have:
- Undertaking inspections you’ll attend scheduled works and tunnel shutdowns for our network, you’ll monitor flora and fauna and air, noise and water quality and identify, correct and report on environmental risks, hazards and safety issues
- Collecting and analysing samples and preparing reports, you’ll ensure that any issues or risks to the landscape or environment are monitored and addressed and that the relevant bodies are notified
- Reviewing and developing procedures and processes in the environmental stream, you’ll ensure that environmental legislative requirements are adhered to
The talents you'll bring:
- You’ll hold a valid driver’s licence to access and attend sites on the Transurban Queensland network
- You’ll possess a relevant tertiary qualification in Environmental Management/ Science/ Engineering
- You’ll have experience with infrastructure construction and maintenance including monitoring and advising on maintenance programs
- You’ll have a demonstrated ability to conduct inspections and audits, particularly in live traffic environments across highly trafficked roads
- You’ll be highly process and detail driven with the ability to prepare reports and understand and interpret complex documentation
- You’ll be proactive, flexible and resilient with an ability to work on a 24/7 basis to attend tunnel shuts/ night shifts as required
Transurban is driven by bringing people and places closer. The roads we plan, build, operate and maintain make communities stronger, across Australia and beyond. Together, we’re building a future that marries traditional infrastructure with emerging technology.
Start changing the world around you. Click Apply now.
Transurban is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Feb 2020
- QLD - Eight Mile Plains
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science