Permanent Full Time
$92,703 - $102,253 (plus 9.5% Superannuation)
RDOs / Flexible Work Arrangement Options
Would you like to play a lead role in planning for a rapidly growing coastal municipality based in Torquay? This opportunity offers a diversity of work and the chance to be part of a committed planning team. The Surf Coast Shire is located on the Great Ocean Road and is characterised by significant landscapes including rural areas and distinct townships with a backdrop to the Great Otway National Park.
In this role you will have a primary focus on the delivery of planning services to customers including: strategic plans, planning scheme amendments and development plans.
- A degree in the field of town planning or other appropriate tertiary qualifications.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in town planning including significant experience in strategic planning, planning scheme amendments, planning panels and development plan approvals.
- Effective communication skills including experience in resolution of planning disputes, running community engagement exercises and presenting planning matters to the council and the community.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office programs and GIS systems.
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence.
- A current WWCC.
- Police Check results that are suitable for this position (will be arranged by Surf Coast Shire Council). A complete international criminal history check is required if the person has worked or lived overseas for any period of time OR a complete national criminal history check is required if the person has only ever worked in Australia.
For enquires about this role, please contact Karen Hose, Strategic Land Use Planning Coordinator on 5261 0611.
Applications addressing the selection criteria are to be sent online or by post to:
Adam Devereux, Human Resources
Surf Coast Shire Council
PO Box 350, Torquay Vic 3228
- by 5pm Sunday 6 October 2019
Surf Coast Shire Council is an equal opportunity and child safe employer and completes police checks for all employees.
To be considered for this position a statement addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the position description must be provided.