Conservation Programs Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Moreland City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Conservation Programs Officer
- Salary - $89k - $97k + Super
- Full time, Fixed term role (to June 2025) with monthly RDO. Part-time & Job-share arrangements will be considered
- Key implementation role with an exciting environmental change agenda, in a progressive Council.
Moreland is a progressive council with 180,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops and our community of artists and creative industries. As a Council, we’ve been supporting our community through difficult times, and our long term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, community wellbeing, and creating great places.
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engagement with, the Moreland community. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council has a key role in the Open Space Design & Development Unit, to enhance Moreland’s commitment to sustainability and environmental conservation and education, through the implementation of the recently adopted Moreland Nature Plan. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual (or individuals in a job share capacity) who has knowledge and expertise in relation to natural resource and conservation management, to deliver key actions from the plan. The candidate will relish the opportunity to step into a dynamic role, working with an engaged Natural Resource Management team and enjoy working with the community.
You are required to have Tertiary qualification in Natural Resource Management, Horticulture, Environmental Planning or related disciplines or other similar field or discipline with some relevant experience, or a lesser formal qualification with substantial relevant experience. Customer facing local government experience in the natural resource management space would be advantageous.
At Moreland City Council we provide our employees with every opportunity to enjoy a work-life balance, employer-supported study assistance schemes, salary sacrifice and extensive opportunities for training and career development. We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive working environment, we strongly encourage individuals with indigenous heritage and women to apply for this role. We are also open to receiving applications from individuals seeking a part time job in a job share arrangement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Tertiary qualification in Natural Resource Management, Horticulture, Environmental Planning or related disciplines or other similar field or discipline with some relevant experience, or a lesser formal qualification with substantial relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the development and improvement of conservation bush land and revegetation sites, and environmental improvement projects.
- Experience in implementation of nature-based community engagement programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with team members, colleagues, volunteers and the community in the delivery of programs and management of others
- Experience in strategic planning and/or policy development and practice in local government or other levels of government is desirable.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Richard Tolliday on 9240 1167.
Applications close: 5pm, 25 October 2021. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description. Please note that when applying for this role, you will be required to attach your valid Drivers Licence. Please have this ready when completing your application
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Oct 2021
- VIC - Coburg
- $89k - $97k + Super
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science
Natural Resource Management