- $89K + Super
- Enjoy working on community projects?
- Interested in solar and energy efficiency?
- 12-month fixed term role assisting Moreland residents to access support for energy upgrades and solar installations
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland is seeking a talented Energy Transition Project officer to deliver an exciting part of our Zero Carbon Moreland (ZCM) Climate Emergency Action Plan Implementation project. We are aiming to support residents to access energy efficiency upgrades and solar installations. The project will deliver at least 100 grant subsidised thermal retrofits and 50 grant subsidised solar systems to low income/CALD households.
You’ll be responsible for program recruitment, registration and participation, including ‘concierge’ support to residents and liaison with delivery partners.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Experience in working on projects with community focus
- Excellent communicator who enjoys working with diverse communities, producing quality reports and managing data.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, including the proven ability to work independently, display initiative and problem-solve.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the energy efficiency and/or solar industry, relevant technologies and systems or similar will be a distinct advantage.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- The opportunity to work as part of a professional and supportive team
- Salary sacrifice options
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Caroline Armstrong on 9304 9739.
Applications close: 11.30 pm, 4 November 2020. (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Before submitting an application please view the Position Description.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.