- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Band 5 - $75K to $85K+ Super
- Full time fixed term position to January 2021
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland continues to undergo rapid population growth, development and change. The position offers diverse planning opportunities with a variety of residential, commercial and industrial proposals ranging from small scale extensions to heritage buildings to mixed use developments. This role will suit a recent planning graduate, or a planner with some experience looking to broaden their skills in an inner metropolitan environment.
The Moreland planning team has a focus on providing training and development of officers and continuously improving planning services in order to facilitate high quality, environmentally sustainable urban outcomes. The planning application process at Moreland is 100% digital. This offers a paperless environment and efficiencies to customers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in town planning or significant relevant experience and a tertiary qualification in a related discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statutory planning and related legislation
- Practical IT skills applicable to statutory planning processes
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and managing stakeholder relations in a politically sensitive environment
- Well developed conceptual and analytical skills, including problem solving skills
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs
For further information please contact Vita Galante on 9240 2342.
Applications close: 5pm, 19 August 2020 (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.