- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- Circa $127K salary package (Inclusive of Super)
- Exciting challenge for someone ready to step up and deliver
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Located in Hadfield, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Have you worked in waste for several years and you’re keen to make use of your skills and knowledge?
Do you want to have a genuine, positive impact on people, culture and the industry?
Do you know that you can make a difference? Then this is the role for you.
Council is looking for a leader in the waste industry, someone who is a team player and who makes the best out of every situation. Attitude is everything; if you can see the opportunities in most situations, and you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved with the team, then you are going to love Moreland.
Reporting to the Manager Roads, Fleet and Waste, your strong leadership and people skills will be essential to effectively and sensitively manage and develop a performance-based culture.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Extensive experience in waste services kerbside collections
- Ability to manage change in a constructive and positive manner
- Demonstrated experience in leading large teams, particularly blue collar
- Experience in managing operational budgets
- Sound understanding of the waste sector, both strategic and operational
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
- A positive, can do attitude and team approach
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Wellness programs- 3 free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Karen Davies on 8311 4389.
Applications close: 5pm, 31 August 2020. If we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advertisement before the closing date.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.