- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $73K + Super
- Full time permanent role with fortnightly RDO
- Job Ref: 18010
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast growing city which is home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is offering a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Animal Management Officer who enjoys contact with the community and working with a dynamic team.
This role will contribute to the safety and amenity of the municipality through the provision of information, assistance and advice to the community and the enforcement of Acts, Local Laws and Regulations.
Key aspects of this role include enforcing the provisions of the Domestic Animals Act and Council's General Local Law in respect to animals. The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in animal management, customer service and law enforcement procedures.
Proficiency in animal handling and the application of law enforcement issues, including interviewing techniques, evidence collection, note taking and preparation of routine reports and correspondence will be highly regarded. Must have the ability to participate in an after hours roster.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Certificate IV in Animal Management
- Demonstrated previous experience in animal management
- Significant experience in a high-pressure customer service environment.
- Current Driver’s Licence valid in Victoria.
- Working with Children Check
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Sandra Troise on 9240 1270.
Applications close: 5pm, 9th September 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.