- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Fixed Term (3 years with potential to extend)
- $98K - $110K + Super
- Job Ref: 17940
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous, progressive and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This new position will lead projects and initiatives to achieve defined objectives and targets within Moreland’s Waste and Litter Strategy and Zero Carbon Moreland Action Plan. The role will focus on delivering initiatives that avoid / reduce food waste within the municipality and facilitate organics resource recovery and recycling with the aim to minimise organic waste to landfill and support circular economy outcomes.
A key objective of the role will be managing successful cross-Council planning and roll-out of municipal-wide Food and Garden Organics kerbside collection service in early 2021. The role has particular accountability for the extensive community engagement and education needed to maximise community support and compliance with the new service across Moreland’s diverse and growing resident population.
Success in this role will contribute towards Council’s ambitious goals of zero waste to landfill by 2030 and a zero carbon Moreland by 2040.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Demonstrated knowledge of recycling, waste and food system issues and practices
- A high level of end to end project management experience (including coordination of a multi-disciplinary project team)
- Proven community engagement, education and behaviour change skills
- Proven strategic thinking and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in managing budgets and contractors/consultants
- A tertiary qualification in environmental management or science, sustainability, waste management, education, community engagement or related field, or demonstrated equivalent competencies gained through substantial experience in these or related fields
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Professional focus on environmental and social benefit outcomes
- Monthly RDO
- Potential for flexible spread of hours
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Michaela Skett on 9240 1264.
Applications close: 10pm, Sunday 21st July 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.