- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Fixed Term (12 month position)
- Rewarding career with great benefits
- Job Ref: 17941
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous, progressive and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Glenroy, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council is seeking an experienced professional to play a leading management role in the Waste Services Unit comprising of in-house and contracted waste collection services.
Reporting to the Manager Roads, Fleet and Waste, your strong leadership and people skills will be essential to effectively and sensitively manage and develop a performance-based culture.
Ability to manage change in a constructive manner, experience in managing operational budgets leading large teams and a sound understanding of the Waste sector both strategic and operational, are all key requirements of this challenging position.
If you are an experienced senior leader with strong people and organisational skills and have a customer service focus, this could be a fantastic opportunity for you.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Extensive experience in the waste services and transport logistics
- Ability to manage change in a constructive manner
- Demonstrated experience in leading large teams
- Experience in managing operational budgets
- Sound understanding of the waste sector, both strategic and operational
- Current Victorian Drivers Licence
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Supportive team
For further information please contact Karen Davies on 8311 4389.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 15 July 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.