PLEASE NOTE: The closing date has been extended to the 15th April 2019
- $86K - $93K + Super
- Maximum term position for 15 months
- Full time / Monthly RDO
- Ref no: 17836
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast growing city which is home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Council has a key role in the Open Space Maintenance Unit, to grow the Urban Forest in the municipality and delivering on commitments of its Urban Forest Strategy 2017-2027.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who has a good knowledge of trees and vegetation combined with sharp and innovative strategic nous, to deliver longer term and sustainable outcomes. The candidate will relish the opportunity to step into a brand new role, working with a dynamic team and enjoy contact with the community.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Arboriculture (AQF Level 6) or equivalent
- Understanding of planning schemes, overlays and locals laws and application to vegetation
- Expertise in the management of an urban forest would be advantageous
- Prepare high quality assessment reports
- Effectively management time and prioritise work to ensure timeframes are met
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
For further information please contact Mark Corea on 8311 4374.
Applications close: 5pm, 15 April 2019.
Please note all applicants must apply online and no late applications will be accepted.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background.Moreland City Council is committed to being a child safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.