- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Senior Executive Officer Position
- Temporary position to October 2019
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to lead the dynamic Strategy Unit until October 2019.
This is an excellent opportunity to lead and work with the team to develop strategy and policy for the City that implements Council’s vision and aspirations for a sustainable future.
This role will require the capacity to build and maintain strong relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Candidates will have a proven track record in managing teams, project management in the field of strategic and/or statutory planning as well as possess tertiary qualification in urban planning or a related field.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Relevant qualification in Urban Planning or a related discipline
- Experience in working at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in policy development and implementation
- Ability to provide leadership and manage a team
- Drive a constructive team culture delivering high performance
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Free onsite parking
- A real sense of Work-life balance
For further information please contact Kate Shearer, Manager City Strategy and Design on 9240 1230.
Applications close: 5pm, 29 March 2019
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.
Applicants may obtain a position description from our website at moreland.vic.gov.au.
Applicants for Council positions must be entitled to work in Australia.