- Temporary 8 month contract
- Band 7
- Full or part time hours
This position provides high quality strategic urban design and project management to the City, and offers an opportunity for a dynamic professional to impact and shape major urban renewal projects.
You will collaborate across the organisation and work closely with planning professionals to provide strategic, creative and spatial design thinking. Your expertise will contribute to strategies, masterplans, structure plans, planning policy and projects that shape the City.
This is a temporary full time position for 8 months. Consideration will also be given to candidates seeking part time hours.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in a built environment/design profession.
- Extensive practical experience in urban design, preferably within the Local Government environment.
- Outstanding skills and knowledge in urban design principles, renewal strategies, and policy.
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines/budget commitments to meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary teams to resolve problems.
About the City
As Victoria's largest regional municipality, the City of Greater Geelong provides the benefits of city living in a beautiful seaside location. We enjoy an open and inclusive culture with great employment conditions, including flexible work arrangements, paid parental leave, and training and development opportunities. The City is an equal opportunity employer and values the contributions a diverse workforce can bring to the community.
Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 29 September 2017.
Click the APPLY NOW button below to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.