Director City Development - [Archived Advertisement]
Brimbank City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Director City Development
- Create places where people want to be
- Innovative, community and outcome focused
Work in Melbourne’s 3rd largest Municipality, in the heart of Australia’s fastest growing region undergoing significant transformation.
To lead and facilitate the creation of great places to live, work, play and invest.
The successful applicant will:
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to plan, negotiate and implement land use strategies.
- Have a strong understanding of urban redevelopment, place management and local economic development.
- Have highest level interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability and a history of influencing decisions through strong leadership.
- Exercise discretion and initiative in all decision making and management of the Directorate.
- Understanding of Council’s delegations and responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include
- Establish and foster a place management approach and supporting systems as appropriate.
- Oversee the development, coordination and management of Council’s strategic land use planning program including policy development and project management and integration of economic initiatives.
- Work collaboratively across Council and with Councillors and external stakeholders to plan, negotiate and facilitate implementation of land use strategies, plans and economic development initiatives.
- Oversee the management and redevelopment of key strategic sites in the municipality.
- Provide a high level of strategic advice and professional expertise to Council.
Applications close on 19 February 2018 and need to be forwarded through our careers website.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Feb 2018
- VIC - Sunshine
- 5 Year Contract - Salary Negotiated.
- Work Type:
- Full Time