Senior Strategic Planner - [Archived Advertisement]
Banyule Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Senior Strategic Planner
Our City Futures Department is looking for a passionate Senior Strategic Planner to join our amazing Open Space Planning and Design Team.
The City Futures Department comprises of Economic Development, Strategic Planning and Urban Design, Open Space Planning and Design, Property and GIS. The Strategic Planning and Urban Design Team leads preparation and delivery of strategic planning and urban design projects.
In this role you will :
- Develop, monitor and review planning policies, strategies, plans and guidelines
- Manage and lead projects that contribute to community perspectives and participation for the future of activity centres, neighbourhoods and other local places and spaces
- Collect and analyse data which supports viable physical environment planning for future growth and change
- Manage the preparation of land use and built environment policies, strategies, frameworks, plans and guidelines
- Apply knowledge of the Victoria Planning Provisions and State Government guidelines and practice notes to improve the Banyule Planning Scheme
To be successful you will have:
- Appropriate qualifications and experience in a strategic planning role preferably with experience in local government
- Highly developed technical skills and working knowledge of Planning and Environment Act 1987
- Excellent project management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to lead and manage project teams
- Understanding of best practice and future-focused urban planning
- Highly-developed communication, presentation and problem-solving skills
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
We are offering:
- Attractive salary $99,898.26 to $111,452.72 plus super
- Permanent full time 38 hours per week plus RDOs.
- Access to learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work condition and a variety of leave arrangements
- Office location - Greensborough
How to apply:
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Fae Ballingall on Tel: 9457 9805 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. www.banyule.vic.gov.au/careers
Applications Close 11.45pm on Friday 12 August 2022.
Banyule City Council is committed to being an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer, we value diversity and encourage people from different and diverse backgrounds to apply. If you have a reasonable adjustment, support or access requirement, we encourage you to let us know through your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9940 4235.
In accordance with Banyule's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy this position requires you to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If your application is successful and you are shortlisted for this role, you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2022
- VIC - Banyule
- $99,898.26 to $111,452.72 plus super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Urban Planning/Design