- Band 6, 0.6 EFT
- Part time, permanent
- Greensborough location
Banyule Council is seeking a driven and autonomous Community Energy Officer to join our Environment Team on a permanent part time basis.
In this position you will play a critical role in providing support and advice to the community on how to effectively reduce household emissions.
As a new position, we are seeking an individual who is flexible and investigative; someone who will identify well considered options for achieving the overarching aims of the position.
You will be responsible for end to end management, including:
- Establishing, promoting and administering advice to residents on energy efficiency and renewable energy opportunities, including relevant subsidies and state and local government policies
- Establishing formal guidance for residents on how to select reputable solar and energy efficiency suppliers and installers
- Investigating bulk buy opportunities and other incentive based programs that will support the community in the uptake of renewable energy
- Coordinating circular economy outcomes by reallocating solar income back into approved community energy programs
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant experience in one or more of the following areas: climate change and energy, environmental education, science, and environmental management or related disciplines are essential
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in climate change policy and community capacity building
- Excellent understanding of energy efficient and renewable energy technologies relevant to households, including a working knowledge of best practice community energy programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to liaise effectively with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in investigation, research and preparation of reports on environmental sustainability issues such as Council Reports, Briefing Papers or Annual Reports
What's on offer:
- $83,080.81 to 90,323.79 pro rata plus super
- Permanent part time 24 hours per week
- Greensborough office close to shops, cafes, and public transport
- 20% discount in your yearly myki pass
- Access to Learning and Development opportunities and range of Health and Well-being initiatives
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Sian Gleeson Environment Coordinator on Tel: 9457 9828 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 7 July 2019.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.