At Banyule we are striving for a green, sustainable and vibrant place for a healthy, connected and inclusive community. Our organisation is committed to promoting a supportive workforce culture that embraces shared organisational values.
Banyule City Council has a great opportunity for a Safe & Sustainable Transport Officer.
This role is suitable for someone with a background in Engineering and/or Transport, Urban or Environmental Planning.
In this role you will assist with the development and implementation of transport policies, strategies, initiatives and a wide variety of sustainable transport programs across the orgnaisation and the Banyule community .
This is truly a rewarding role for someone passionate about sustainable/ integrated transport solutions, to work closely with the community and encourage behaviour change in the way people travel in their daily lives.
You will be involved in:
- Behaviour change programs to improve walking, cycling and public transport use.
- Delivering integrated transport solutions.
- Promotional events about sustainable transport and raise awareness.
- The Road Safety Grant educational programs to the community, including Wiser Drivers, Walk and Cycle to School, Bicycle Education at local schools, etc.
- Initiatives from other departments including Age Friendly Cities and Youth and Community Programs.
- The Banyule Integrated Transport Plan and the Banyule Safe Travel Plan.
What we are looking for:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field is desirable or at least one years experience in a similar role.
- Interest in sustainable transport program delivery and/or safe travel systems program delivery.
- A working understanding of established transport planning, local and Victorian transport policy and practices including relevant Australian Codes, Standards and Guidelines and community expectations and requirements.
- Ability to provide quality transport planning services, including being familiar with current transport planning practices in the industry.
- Ability to solve problems and issues through analysis, discussion and teamwork.
- Ability to undertake investigations and prepare detailed reports and correspondence.
- Ability to successfully communicate and liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- Sound presentation skills.
What’s on offer?
- Permanent Full Time
- Great learning opportunity
- An attractive $66,975.38 - $77,588.72 plus super
- Work within a supportive team environment
- Enjoy a beautiful modern office that’s close to shops and public transport
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description here or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Kathleen Petras, Team Leader Transport Planning on 0394579930 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines here.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 3 April 2018
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.