Banyule City has a wealth of open space and parklands including areas of exotic and native vegetation of historic and environmental importance. The Parks & Open Space department is responsible for the care and development of over 200 parks and reserves 50 sports field, 163 playgrounds, over 75,000 street trees, extensive shared trail networks, as well as park furniture and assets that enhance the urban landscape and create a more attractive and liveable environment.
As the Manager Parks & Open Space you will lead the Horticulture, Tree Care, Parks Maintenance, Bushland and Open Space service units to maintain and improve the City's open space network.
You will lead a number of exciting capital and operational improvement projects throughout the city from concept and design through to completion.
Success to us requires:
- Demonstrated experience in the development of multi-disciplinary teams and possession of effective leadership competencies.
- Experience in representing organisational interests internally and externally.
- Highly developed communication and problem solving skills.
- Proven record of responsible financial management and corporate governance.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a senior member of a collegial management team.
- Tertiary qualifications, including post graduate qualifications in a related discipline, or trade qualification with extensive experience in parks / horticultural / open space management.
We hope that this will be your next workplace so you can:
- Join a dedicated workforce that is passionate about helping and improving the community.
- Be challenged in a leadership role.
- Have access to ongoing learning and development initiatives.
- Participate in health and wellbeing programs.
- Enjoy an an attractive remuneration package including use of a private vehicle.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the 'apply now' button, you may also contact Geoff Glynn, Director Assets & City Services on 04 1975 0446 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via our website.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: 27 November 2017
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply