- Temporary Full-Time (maternity leave position)
- 38 hours/week
- Salary between $77,976 to $84,233 (pro rata) per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
- Location of work: Phoenix Building, 25 Armstrong Street, Ballarat
Ballarat is a rapidly growing city in the business of developing innovative ways to service the needs of its community. The City of Ballarat is looking for a dynamic professional to join Council in the delivery of a professional Environmental Health service through effective engagement, education and regulation.
Joining a dedicated and supportive team with scope for career progression, this job works across all aspects of Environmental Health and suits a candidate seeking a challenging role with the proven ability to engage and negotiate with a range of people to address public health risks.
You will have demonstrated experience in the implementation of risk based public health programs including the application of legislation and regulatory tools, undertaking field assessments, investigating complaints, assessing applications and providing professional advice.
You’ll be tertiary qualified in Environmental Health, or actively pursuing a relevant qualification with knowledge and experience in a related role. A strong customer service, critical thinking and problem-solving skillset is also required.
Whilst a full-time position is on offer, the City of Ballarat is willing to consider flexible arrangements including job share where operational requirements can be met. Please address this in your cover letter if relevant.
Key Selection Criteria
- Hold a Bachelor of Health Science or equivalent gazetted qualification necessary for the appointment as an Environmental Health Officer under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience applying relevant legislation to undertake Environmental Health duties.
- Proven ability to employ good judgement and effectively utilise discretion in a regulatory environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Proven strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise workload and effectively work within a team environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.
- Preparedness to work after hours and in emergency situations on a roster basis and possess a current driver’s licence.
The closing date for this position is midnight Sunday, 02 June 2019.
Interviews to be held on Thursday, 13 June 2019.
For further information on this position, please contact Brenda Carey, Coordinator, Environmental Health, 5320 5647.
The City of Ballarat is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.