Market Engagement Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
Green Building Council of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Opportunity to expand your property network across Australia
- Sydney or Melbourne CBD Location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. We work with industry and government to encourage policies and programs that support our mission. We also educate thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities.
We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new role
Do you love to work in a role with purpose and enjoy growing your network? Do you want to work with a team who engage nationally with development and sustainability teams as well as engineers, architects, construction and property professionals? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to two Senior Managers in our Market Engagement team, you will draw upon your business development experience to implement strategies that will engage industry around our purpose. You will build and grow our engagement with existing and new markets for the use of our certification program, Green Star.
Working closely with a small team, you will also travel interstate from time to time to identify market opportunities and shifts in market sentiment across Australia.
This is a full-time role with the option of flexible working arrangements and can be based from Sydney or Melbourne. In both Sydney and Melbourne, our offices are Green Star rated and located in the CBD.
Your new responsibilities
- Develop and implement a work program that supports the achievement of annual business development, revenue, and registration targets
- Develop and maintain ongoing GBCA stakeholder relationships
- Manage the functioning of the lead tracking, registration and reporting systems
- Work with the marketing team to develop collateral and campaigns
- Providing feedback to the Green Star Solutions team regarding industry sentiment on Green Star Rating tools to ensure Green Star remains market relevant
Your skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary education in sustainability, marketing or business development, preferably with a focus on the property sector
- 5 years sustainability or business development experience
- Excellent communication and people skills with a focus on forging strong professional relationships
- Proven relationship development skills and ability to seek and secure opportunities.
- Ability to work autonomously, self manage and take initiative while still operating as part of a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Mentoring and educational assistance program
- Employee Recognition Program (GBCA Star Award)
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible working arrangements to support a work/life balance
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 18 April 2019.
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to have a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Apr 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time