Senior Manager- Strategic Projects - [Archived Advertisement]
Green Building Council of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Be responsible for key strategic projects
- Amazing Sydney Barangaroo location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. We work with industry and government to encourage policies and programs that support our mission. We also educate thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities.
We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new role
You will be responsible for two strategic projects as the GBCA embarks on a journey of reshaping our Green Star rating system - bringing the next generation of certification programs through Green Star Future Focus, and entering the residential market through our Future Homes program. This role offers a unique opportunity to be a key player in delivering on the future direction of the GBCA.
This is a full-time role based in our Sydney headquarters.
Your new responsibilities
- You will manage the development of Future Homes Standard and Green Star Future Focus.
- You will ensure deliverables are relevant and in line with each program’s strategic direction, GBCA’s processes and endorsed by industry.
- You will engage with the industry and facilitate workshops to seek input from industry.
- You will work with the Green Star Solutions team to implement new and revised products and services particularly around Green Star Future Focus.
- You will work with the Industry Development team to develop sponsorship opportunities to ensure financial support to develop and deliver on strategic projects.
Your skills and experience
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferably in a field with built environment experience.
- You have over 7 years built environment experience with a focus on the latest global and domestic sustainability trends.
- You have strong commercial acumen, including awareness of external market conditions and relevant market factors and conditions with experience in engagement, facilitation, and communications.
- You have experience with leading, managing, consulting, or delivering buildings, fitouts, or precincts.
- You have excellent consultancy and presentation skills
- Mentoring and educational assistance program
- Employee of the quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Employee referral program
- Flexible working arrangements, activity based working with sit to stand desks
- Complimentary personal training and yoga sessions, flu vaccinations, fruit and healthy snacks
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager.
Closing date for applications: COB 21 February 2019
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to have a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.
- Closing Date:
- 21 Feb 2019
- NSW - Barangaroo
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Architecture, Design & Planning
Consulting, Strategy & Planning