Administrator (Sustainability) - [Archived Advertisement]
Green Building Council of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Join Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Health and wellbeing program including personal training, yoga, fruit and healthy snacks
- Amazing Sydney Barangaroo Location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our purpose is to lead the sustainable transformation of Australia’s built environment. We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new role
You will be responsible for facilitating the Green Star certification process by supporting external project teams and Certified Assessors. You will also ensure a positive customer experience therefore an ability to communicate and interact effectively in a timely manner with a range of stakeholders is an important requirement.
This is a full-time role based in our Sydney headquarters.
Your new responsibilities
- You will manage the Green Star Certification Project database and scheduling Green Star Assessments;
- You will field and resolve queries relating to Green Star and other sustainable building-related matters;
- You will manage calendar of appointments and emails related to Green Star Certification;
- You will manage incoming and outgoing correspondence including project submissions and Assessor invoices;
- You will compile documents and meeting papers required to support the activities of the senior management team;
- You will arrange domestic and international travel and accommodation plans;
- You will prepare and distribute agendas for meetings, take and distribute minutes and follow up on action items.
Your skills and experience
- You have a tertiary degree in either of the below:
- Engineering or Architecture in a built environment discipline;
- Building services design and/or construction;
- Urban Planning;
- Environmental Management;
- Environmental Science;
- Business administration.
- You have 1-2 years administrative experience
- You are organised with the ability to handle competing deadlines
- You have strong customer service focus and skills
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are flexible in a dynamic and changing environment
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Mentoring Program and Educational Assistance Program
- Employee of the Quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Flexible Working Arrangements, Activity Based Working with Sit to Stand desks
- Complementary Fruit and Snacks and quarterly staff lunches
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager. Closing date for applications: COB 14 February 2019.
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to have a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Feb 2019
- NSW - Barangaroo
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Architecture, Design & Planning