Professional Development Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Green Building Council of Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
- Join Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings and communities
- Health and wellbeing program including personal training, yoga, fruit and healthy snacks
- Amazing Sydney Barangaroo Location
The Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) was established in 2002 and is the nation’s authority on sustainable buildings and communities. Our mission is to accelerate the transformation of Australia’s built environment into one that is healthy, liveable, productive, resilient and sustainable. We work with industry and government to encourage policies and programs that support our mission. We also educate thousands of people each year on how to design and deliver sustainable outcomes for Australia’s buildings and communities.
We employ over 40 staff and our national office is based in the 6 Star Green Star rated Barangaroo precinct in Sydney; but our flexible team works across Australia. For more information on how the GBCA is transforming the built environment please refer to our website www.gbca.org.au.
Your new role
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Events and Professional Development, you will manage the logistical and operational aspects of our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program and the broader professional development program such as webinars. You will be the first point of contact for our members and stakeholders to enrol into our programs, ensuring delivery on service elements as well as responding to queries.
You are highly motivated and thrive on providing an excellent service experience. You are a mature minded individual who is looking for a challenging role to apply your strong administrative, communication and organisational abilities in a fast paced customer service orientated environment.
This is a full-time role based in our Sydney headquarters.
Your new responsibilities
- Address logistical or system problems on the education section of our website, including CPD portal
- Engage CPD and course participants for feedback ensuring ongoing and continual improvements are managed
- Logistical and operational delivery of professional development courses and webinars
- Coordinate briefing sessions with faculty and presenters as needed
- Managing the GBCA eLearning library including uploading webinars online
- Issuing and maintaining faculty contracts and invoicing
- Various administrative tasks including taking minutes of meetings and CPD reporting
Your skills and experience
- Tertiary degree in sustainability, business administration or other related field (we encourage applications from candidates completing their degree this year)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft programs – Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a polished and professional phone manner
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentoring and educational assistance program
- Employee of the quarter (GBCA Star Award)
- Employee referral program
- Flexible working arrangements, activity based working with sit to stand desks
- Complimentary personal training and yoga sessions, flu vaccinations, fruit and healthy snacks
How to apply
Please apply through SEEK including a covering letter and resume addressed to Catherine Andon, HR & Operations Manager. Closing date for applications: COB 14 February 2019.
For more information and a copy of the position description please contact Anna Hendricks on Ph: 02 8239 6200.
We aim to create a diverse work environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We are also proud to have a Reflect Reconciliation Action Plan, acknowledging the proud heritage of Australia’s first people and working towards a reconciled Australia. We recognise the value Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees bring to our workplace and welcome applications from the Indigenous community.
- Closing Date:
- 14 Feb 2019
- NSW - Barangaroo
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting, Strategy & Planning