Environmental Specialist - Marine - [Archived Advertisement]
Tassal Operations Pty Ltd (View other jobs from this organisation)
Environmental Specialist - Marine
Tassal is the largest salmon farmer in Australia, with marine farms across Tasmania. We are committed to sustainable practices and ensuring that our Salmon is of the highest quality. We utilise best practice science and innovation to protect the environment in which we farm.
This role is to ensure that the correct environmental management practices are in place and upheld across our marine operations in Tasmania.
You will be an agile, pragmatic, innovative thinker and a results-driven individual who can join our team in a fast-paced environment. The role oversees all Tassal’s marine monitoring, environmental compliance and risk management.
To be considered for this position you must have;
- A tertiary qualification in science or other applicable discipline (marine biology, water chemistry or environmental chemistry viewed favourably);
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in environmental, compliance and monitoring program management (preferably industry-based);
- Strong and adaptable communication skills with the ability to develop written communications (including scientific reports) to a high standard;
- Demonstrated ability in the practical application of environmental assessment and solutions;
- Experience with maintaining environmental or integrated management systems; and
- Knowledge of national and state environmental regulatory frameworks and legislation.
In joining our team, you will be committed to our values of:
- Can do safely;
- Achieve together; and
- We own it.
Have a question about the role? You can contact Rebekah Willmer, People & Culture Partner on firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please click apply now or head to our web site http://tassalgroup.com.au/our-people/join-our-team/
Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday 27 May 2020
- Closing Date:
- 27 May 2020
- TAS - Hobart
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Science/Earth Science