- Located at CFA Headquarters, Burwood East
- Fixed Term Full Time (Up to 23 July 2018)
- $89,010 pa (plus 9.50% superannuation)
The Country Fire Authority (CFA) is one of the world's largest, and most highly regarded community based emergency services organisations. We respond to fire and other emergencies 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whilst our firefighters are the cornerstone of CFA services, what goes on behind the scenes is just as important in helping to protect lives and property.
CFA acts as a referral authority in Victoria’s planning system, providing advice to Councils as part of the statutory planning process. CFA also provides strategic planning advice to planning authorities to ensure planning scheme amendments, policies and structure plans respond to any relevant bushfire risks.
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- To provide authoritative advice to CFA in relation to strategic land use planning (primarily) and statutory land use planning policy
- Support CFA’s in its role as a referral authority and advisor respond to stakeholders with regard to Victorian planning system
- To provide support to internal and external stakeholders in relation how bushfire planning considerations (strategic and statutory) can be implemented into the Victorian planning system
The successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Land Use Planning, or another appropriate qualification involving Natural Resource Management or Environmental Management with relevant experience in land use planning.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Planning system, particularly the VPPs and the role of referral authorities.
- Demonstrated experience providing effective land use planning advice (strategic and/or statutory) within an organisation, preferably related to bushfire or environmental hazard planning.
- Proven experience in the application of bushfire behaviour knowledge and/or environmental hazard considerations to a range of planning issues.
- Proven effective interpersonal and liaison skills to cooperatively work with a range of professionals, preferably in a matrix management environment.
- Experience in the establishment of internal processes, procedures and guidance to facilitate consistent decision making.
When applying for a position with CFA, the key to progressing in the selection process is the quality of your application. Your application must demonstrate that you have the qualifications, experience, key attributes and skills required for the position.
Applicants must address the selection criteria outlined in the attached position description.
Your application should include:
- Cover letter
- Responses to the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description
Submitting your Application
For further information about this position, including a Position Description, key requirements and details on how to apply, please visit www.cfa.vic.gov.au and select ‘Volunteer & Careers’ followed by ‘Jobs at CFA’.
CFA is committed to being an inclusive, fair and child safe organisation for all staff, volunteers and the community.