Team Leader Planning and Compliance - [Archived Advertisement]
Snowy Monaro Regional Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader Planning and Compliance
The position of Team Leader Planning and Compliance is responsible for the management and coordination of the successful delivery of the Water and Wastewater Annual Capital Works and Liquid Trade Waste and Backflow Prevention Programs throughout the Council area including management of customer compliance.
The position is required to liaise with the Asset Manager to ensure that asset management systems are regularly updated through activities including mapping of the water and wastewater assets.
This position is also responsible for the assessment of development applications including S64 compliance certificates. A key requirement will be managing updates arising from annual statutory reporting to the regulatory authorities. This will include annual performance reports and updates of management plans required by the Office of Water, NSW Health and the EPA.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering preferably in environmental engineering
- Greater than 5 years’ experience in the water and sewer industry
- NSW Health Department Fluoridation Certificate
- Current Confined Space Certificate
- Construction Certificate (White Card)
- Current Valid Class C Drivers Licence - ongoing employment is conditional on maintaining this licence
- Computer literacy and knowledge of computer-based management systems (eg. MapInfo, TechOne, Telemetry SCADA, Rapid TCP)
- Ability to read engineering drawings and disseminate details to staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical plant and equipment associated with water supply and sewerage schemes
- Budgeting and project management experience
- Knowledge of NSW Office of Water Best Practice Guidelines including Liquid Trade waste and Backflow prevention
- Knowledge of legislation (Acts and Regulations) relating to the water and sewer and local government
- Knowledge of Environmental Protection Management Principles
Salary $49.66p/h + Super – 70 hours per fortnight
Expressions of Interest should be marked “Confidential Job Application” and sent to Human Resources Officer
Post: PO Box 714, Cooma NSW 2630 OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive a receipt of application within 3 days if you don’t please contact Human Resources on 1300 345 345
Snowy Monaro Regional Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer and enforces a safe and smoke free workplace.
We may request background checks.
For assistance in completing your application please contact Human Resources on 1300 345 345
Applications close: Midnight, 14 January 2018
- Closing Date:
- 14 Jan 2018
- NSW - Cooma
- Salary $49.66p/h + Super - 70 hours per fortnight
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Architecture, Design & Planning