Waste & Sustainability Education Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Randwick City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Waste & Sustainability Education Officer
- Educate for sustainable waste management
- Innovative eastern suburbs Council
- Work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
Position Number: F2018/00054
Permanent Full time (70 hours per fortnight)
Salary: $87,460 - $96,231 p.a. + 9.5% super
Randwick City Council is one of Australia’s oldest and most prestigious local government organisations, servicing a diverse and vibrant community from Clovelly and Kensington in the north to La Perouse and Port Botany in the south. It is home to over 140,000 residents and more than 30,000 people visit our City every day. About 66% of the population reside in Multi-unit Dwellings (MUD). Council provides over 115,000 waste and recyclable collection services per week and recovers about 30,000 tonnes of resources from all the waste streams per year.
Council is seeking a highly motivated, passionate and experienced Waste and Sustainability Education Officer with a proven track record in developing, promoting, implementing, evaluating and monitoring community education programs. The role involves developing and delivering waste and resource recovery education programs to promote highest level of resource recovery and improve waste management practices for council and the community.
To be considered for this position you will need to possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in education, environment, communications or a related field
- Demonstrated experience in developing, promoting, implementing, evaluating and monitoring community education programs
- Knowledge and understanding of waste and resource recovery regulatory and policy frameworks
- Ability to operate independently and as part of a team
- High level of and verbal communication skills
- High level of public speaking skills
- High level of computer literacy
- A current drivers licence
Further Information: Visit www.randwick.nsw.gov.au to view the position description or contact Talebul Islam, Coordinator Strategic Waste Management on 9093 6226.
Applicants must include a one page statement demonstrating how they meet the essential criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role
Closing date: Wednesday 31st January 2018.
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2018
- NSW - Randwick
- $87,460 - $96,231 p.a. + 9.5% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time